2012年6月22日星期五

I am not eating happily

Usually great satisfaction arises after a food grocery shopping in summer. However, I do see the fade of the happiness lately, evidenced by the bigger consumption on the chocolate.
It is really controversial in my case, chocolate is one of my favourite food however endless pain, regret are always generated when my appetite on chocolate can't easily be stopped. I guess this is why chocolate is such a complicated goods.
I recalled a lecture when I was in the university first year. As an intro to basic economic term- marginal utility, my teacher asked a very interesting question, do you feel happy or sad when you eat chocolate? Boys gave an instant positive answer. For me, I have no idea. It is true a relief at first bite when you suffering so long of fighting your temptation, afterwards the negative emotion gives rise, which sort of justifies the existence of diminishing marginal utility. However, my psychological reaction can't be simply plotted as a converted U curve. Instead I think of a sine curve, up and down and then pick up until the last bit...then I want more. It is so hard to explain. I have been trying to use some scientific approach to overcome such appetite disorder, but failure happens with a higher probability in the cold & depressing weather.
Somehow I feel it may be feasible to run a regression between the people's happiness with the intake of the chocolate, also taking into account some other variables like weather, location... not sure if there's any related studies done in this field. but it may have some interesting findings.
Nevertheless, back to reality, even through constructive findings or solutions are sought, how practical it can be applied? Like me now, I know the reason why I lost the interest of enjoying food. but the change is out of my option or out of my control. I gain the strength and then relapse and then regain, one after one another sine curve... I don't know.....
A very sad entry, not sweet at all..... 

没有评论:

发表评论